The Insight Programme has been developed by GatenbySanderson to give prospective Non-Executive Directors from under-represented groups first-hand experience of how Boards in the public and not for profit sectors work. The programme is designed to offer practical help to participants when applying for non-executive positions.
The Insight Programme’s key features include:
- Attachments to working Boards
- Pairing with a NED ‘buddy’ throughout your attachment/s, joining Board and sub-committee meetings
- Mentoring support from each Chair throughout your attachment
- Access to each organisation’s senior teams and governance structures
- References from Chairs to support future applications
If you are interested in becoming a Non-Executive Director (or even just thinking about it), we hope this website will help you.
We want to take positive action to support the next generation of Non-Executive Directors from groups who are currently under-represented on the boards in these two sectors – for Housing these are BAME, women, disabled, or LGBTQ+, and for Health these are BAME or disabled.
Whatever sector you currently have experience in, we are interested in hearing from you. And if you think you can add value to a board, but you’re uncertain whether you have the required skills and experience, why not let us be the judge and click on the ‘Apply for the Programme’ tab?