Executive board or sub-board leadership experience is required, in a medium or large sized organisation (most likely measured in £10s of millions of budget or turnover, or larger).
Skills and abilities
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of housing or healthcare issues and how large scale organisations operate
- Ability to analyse complex information, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work in a team to meet common goals and utilise skills and experience to benefit the organisation
- Ability to assess strategies in order to reach objectives
- Astute, able to grasp complex issues to and understand relationships in a multi¬stakeholder environment
- Commitment to good corporate governance in a regulated environment
- Commitment to the Nolan Principles of Public Life
Participants are advised to be able to commit 2-3 days per month in order to fully benefit from the Programme and to utilise the access they will be granted within the organisation.
Feedback received from previous participants shows that individuals experience greater benefit when they are able to commit this time to the process.
To be considered for participation, please submit a current CV and a supporting statement (no longer than two sides) addressing the following key areas:
- Your motivation for participating
- Your thoughts on what you can bring to the role of Non-Executive Director – please read our section on General Advice
- What you hope to benefit by participating in the Insight Programme
Once you have submitted your application, this will be evaluated by a member of the team at GatenbySanderson and you will be contacted to confirm the next stages.
Please note that before submitting the documents above, you will be asked to confirm the following details:
- That you are a member of an under-represented group (e.g. women; BAME; disabled; LGBTQ+).
- That you are willing and able to commit the necessary time to get the most from the programme – approximately 2-3 days per month.
- That you are based in or within a reasonable distance of your selected region.
You will also be asked to confirm the sector/s you are interested in.
The Yorkshire Insight Programme
The North West Insight Programme
The South West and South Wales Insight Programme
We want to make this process as accessible as we can, so please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can put in place to support you.