The Insight Programme for Aspiring Non-Executive Directors - South West & Wales 2023
Share this role
- The Insight Programme
- Time Contribution:
- 2-3 days per month
- Closing Date:
- 5pm on Friday, 30th of June
- Job Ref:
The Insight Programme has been designed to address the challenge to increase diversity on NHS and Housing Boards. The Programme arranges for participants to be attached to one or two Boards for a total of around nine months. In each organisation, participants will 'buddy' with an existing Non-Executive Director and attend Baord and Sub-Committee meeting, as well as have access to the organisation under local arrangements.
In order to be successful with your application you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Senior leadership experience gained in a large or complex organisation. This may be at Board or senior leadership level in a medium sized organisation, or immediately below Board in a large, complex organisation.
- The ability to quickly gain an undertsnading of housing or healthcare issues and how large-scale organisations operate
- The ability to analyse complex information, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work in a team to meet common goals and utilise skills and experience to benefit the organisation
- The ability to assess strategties in order to reach objectives
- Astuteness, the ability to grasp complex issues and understand relationships in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Commitment to good corportate governance in a regulated environment
- Commitment to the Nolan Principles of Public Life
All applications to the programme will be assessed by the Chairs of sponsoring organisations, supported by GatenbySanderson. Each application will be assessed on the basis of two main criteria: the value that participation in the programme could bring to you and the organisation, and your ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to the sector/s to which you want to attach.
For a confidential discussion please contact:
Housing - Chantelle Harris, email@example.com
Health: Melanie Shearer, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com